Portuense 201 is a cultural and creative district, based in an old farmer area built around 1910, behind the Trastevere Station, in the ex industrial area of Rome, ideated and directed by Manuela Tognoli.
The district originally was used until 1950 for the production and sale of milk. From these years on, the complex has hosted craft workshops such as blacksmiths and carpenters, and finally left in disuse.
Thanks to the will of the heirs, the complex has been completely renovated with an extreme care to the existing architecture, converting the area in a new cultural aim: art gallery and studios, architecture and design offices, audiovisual and film production companies are the new users of the area.
foto Serena Eller